Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips

Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur if a natural gas appliance is operated in an enclosed space that has no access to fresh air.

Because improper installation of gas appliances can lead to carbon monoxide build-up, it is important that only QUALIFIED, LICENSED SERVICE PERSONNEL install your gas appliances.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly. Early signs of carbon monoxide poisoning resemble flu symptoms and include headache, dizziness and/or nausea. If you have these symptoms, get fresh air immediately.

You may decide to purchase a carbon monoxide detector. If you do, the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission recommends that the model you choose meets the Underwriters Laboratory Standard 2034. Under no circumstances should a carbon monoxide detector be used as a substitute for regular inspections by qualified service personnel.

Get the Mobile App!